1.22.2007

Mad.

Well. I had to go to the V-E-T this morning. I'm home now. I'm going to take a nap, but I wanted to let everybody know I was okay.

Boy I was mad! First, I fought Mom like crazy when she tried to put me in the carrier. Then I YELLED AT HER all the way to the vet.

When we got there and we were sittin' in the lobby waitin', I met another kitty named Sissy. She was mad, too. There was also a Meezer kitty that apparently lives at the vet. Can you imagine? Living there? Wouldn't that be strange.

So next they took me back to the little room and weighed me. 15.5 pounds. Perfect.

Then they took my temperature and YOU KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS. I was displeased to say the least. I had a little bit of a fever, too. Then they looked in my mouth. I have an ulcer on my tongue. I knew that all along, but you know how beans are. The VET lady said that it could come from licking some sort of chemical (like cleaning solution or something) or maybe I bit my tongue real good and it just got worse. I know which it is, but I'm not telling. Mom has been searching the house for chemicals that I could have found.

Anyway, they also TOOK MY BLOOD AWAY (don't I need that?) to make sure the ulcer wasn't caused by some sort of kidney or liver problem. Nope! I'm all good in that department. So I got some antibiotics and they let me go home. I have to take the medicines for a week and go back.

Dobby was makin' fun of me that I have to go back, but what he doesn't know is he has to go with me. It's gettin' to be that time for you know what, but he doesn't know what! Ha! Say bye bye to those man-parts, kid.

I'm off to nap and stuff. Talk to y'all later. Here's a picture showin' how mad I was to be in my carrier. I tried to climb as far into the corner as I could.



Updated to say: THIS IS MY 100th POST! YAY!!!

16 Meows:

Daisy meowed...

You were SMART to turn yer back on everyone when you were in yer carrier. I am glad you are ok. Hope yer tongue gets better soon!

Madness, Trouble, Squish and Milkbone meowed...

Oh, poor Merlin. We hope the meds wil make that boo-boo on your tongue get better soon. It's good you let your Mom know how much you hate the vet. Screaming all the way there is especially good at making the beans feel bad about stuffing us in a box to have our temperature taken! We love the picture, it shows your displeasure very well.

Mo and The Purries meowed...

Oh the indignity! Well, I'm glad you told your mom exactly what you felt!

Oh, and Dobby's getting the hoo-ha done soon, eh? :)

Glad you're gonna be alright, Merlin!

Not The Mama

Cats~Goats~Quotes meowed...

Hope your tongue gets well soon so you can give your Mommy some Sandpaper Kisses!

LZ meowed...

Oh yeah, that is GREAT carrier attitude! I'm glad you're all OK and just have to take the antibiotics, I think I've taken every kind of antibiotic so I know they work really well.

Latte

Anonymous meowed...

Merlin,
So glad you are feeling Ok now. But you may not want to let Mom know HOW good you feel just yet cause you might be able to get extra snuggles and treats right now! :)

Anonymous meowed...

I hope those antibiotics make your tongue all well soon. You do look really mad in your carrier. Dobby is in for a surprise.

Anonymous meowed...

Merlin hope you feel better real soon.

Angel Junior, Orion and Sammy meowed...

Wow! You really were mad! I pace back and forth in my carrier....mine is a purrty good sized one. I am glad you don't have anything serious!

Emma's Kat meowed...

So glad your on the road to recovery Merlin! And glad it wasn't anything too serious! Those medicines will make your tongue feel better in no time. Emma used to do that same thing in her plastic carrier. She hated it and was just terrified. So I bought her one of those nylon bag carriers with mesh windows. They are darker inside and she does so much better! She feels more secure. And they are so much easier to carrier than those darn plastic ones! I bought one for Benj too because it's really hard to carry him in a plastic one because he's so heavy. I love them and wish I'd bought them sooner. They are purrfect for short trips to the vet.

Kate (Pablo's mum) meowed...

Glad things are ok with your health, Merlin. Ooh, I remember when they took my man parts. But guess what? The people I lived with then (not Nick and Kate) left it too long to take me for the operation, so I'm still as aggressive and territorial as if my man parts were still with me! Ha ha ha! But I'm not interested in the ladies. Except for fighting them.

Congrats on the 100th post, too! In cricket (the wierd Australian game, not the insect), if a batsman makes 100 runs, it's a way big deal and the crowd goes wild and you hafta raise your bat to the crowd and all sortsa things. So... ::Pablo goes wild, cricket-style, for Merlin. Includes a one-cat Mexican wave::

Anonymous meowed...

congratulations on the 100th post, but we're sorry it was about yucky stuff. hope you get all better quick!

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe meowed...

Merlin, I hope you feel better soon! Purrs.

Congrats on your 100th post!

Mr. Hendrix meowed...

Congrats on the 100th post Merlin! Sorry it includes a trip to the vet. I hope your tongue feels better soon. It is hard to enjoy stinky goodness with a sore tongue! It was probably a bitten tongue from running around with little Dobby.
Being an only kitty, I share my food with no one so I can't help there. Maybe Dobby just wants to grow big and strong like Merlin!

Anonymous meowed...

Us humans hate docs, too...

Victor Tabbycat meowed...

Aw, Man! Yur 100th post an it's a VET trip. Bummer. Mom says you's proly a little stressed wif Dobby movin in an that can make little boo boos harder to fite. Glad it's not too serious.