1.07.2007

I Met Him!

So, I met my brother Dobby! He was sleeping and I went up to him and sniffed him and checked him out. Then, when he woke up, I looked at him some more. I hissed a little, and he hissed back! Then I just kept comin' back around to look at him, and he'd look at me. Then I just sprawled out on the floor, and he went back to sleep. That's it so far, I'm just busy with my regular routine and haven't paid that much attention to him. He's boring. He's been sleepin'. But Mom says that he had a busy day yesterday, with the travelin', and when he gets rested and used to our house he'll be ready to play with me soon.

Here he is with Mom. He was lickin' her nose, even though it doesn't show in the picture. He also likes to lick Daddy's nose. Since I don't lick faces, it makes me wonder if he's really Skeezix's brother and not mine. ;)

18 Meows:

Anonymous meowed...

I'm glad that it was only a little hissing. That's normal. It's good of you to leave him alone until he's ready to get closer to you. You'll be chasing each other all over the house in no time.

Kismet meowed...

Merlin, it sounds like you are doing GREAT with your bruther! I hissed a LOT at Sophie at first, so don't feel too bad about it. She hissed at me too, but now as you can see, we are friends and we sleep together and play and EVERYTHING! I think you and Dobby are going to be GREAT bruthers.

Mo and The Purries meowed...

Merlin: soon you'll be nose-kissing with your little brudder!

Daisy meowed...

Hmm, Dobby is looking a little froot-batty in that picture!

KC and the Giggleman Kitties meowed...

Merlin, what a cute little brother. You remember how Missy took on when KC came here to live.

Would you believe they are grooming each other now, just a little, but it's a start. And lying near each other, not touching, but close. It just takes time. And you can tell they really look for each other. You and your little brother will develop such a bond, but there may be some hissing first.

KC and the Giggleman Kitties meowed...

And thank you for posting on the new, improved, totally blogger-free Cat Blogosphere. Didn't Mom Robyn do a splendid job? It is so easy to use (once you get used to it) and so much fun for all us cats and cat's peoples.

INAMINI meowed...

Welcome to your new home, Dobber!
LOKi

Anonymous meowed...

Merlin, look at it this way: you now gots a sidekick to start more mischief...and a scapegoat!

***not me, mommy...dobby did it!***

Lux meowed...

I'm happy Dobby arrived safely and that you two are checking each other out! He looks like he'll fit in nicely with you.

Madness, Trouble, Squish and Milkbone meowed...

Oh, it sounds like erything is going very well. Yay! Oh, and just wait until he is rested, then you will hope that he would sleep more.

Memories of Eric and Flynn meowed...

sownds like yoo'll soon be getting on fine wiv yer new brofurr.

Anonymous meowed...

I'm a face licker too - people love that. keep it up Dobby!
Cocoa

we're furry happy efurrything's going so well!

The Meezers or Billy meowed...

YAY!!! we hopes that you and Dobby get along well, but don't get 'askourajed if you are hissy at ferst. it's normal. and sometimes it gets werser 'afore it gets better. But you two will become really good brofurrs!

Lilly Lu, Iris and Maxwell Mufsa Millon meowed...

When my frist sister Ksyls came she hissed at me but we became best freinds it sound like your doing great Lilly lu has been her almost 6 years I still hiss at her Iris has not been here that long and I not relly fond of her I thow a hiss or two but we get aloug They just need to learn that I need to gromm them all over

LZ meowed...

I'm so happy to hear he arrived safely and is settling in. Hehe...and your dad likes him ;). He seems like such a sweet little guy and I'm very happy you guys are starting things off slow. I'm sure you'll be friends in no time!

Kaze

Gemini meowed...

Oh Dobby probably just learned all about Skeezix online and is showing off for you Merlin! I'm glad it's going well.

Emma's Kat meowed...

Wow, sounds like your first meeting went well! He'll be rested and adjusted in no time, and you guys'll be playing and good buds!

So sweet that he's a kisser!

mister jeter harris, hizself meowed...

dis iz mi offishul welcome to yer noo brudder dobby.
i wish i could get a closer sniff uv mi noo brudder matsui.