10.25.2006

I did it!

So my Mommy left the stroller in the livin' room while she was gone to work, and I hung out in there some, so I was gettin' used to it. But I was still nervous when she zipped it closed. But, I did it! I went for a ride. Here's some things that I saw.

Here's some flowers outside the front door of my house. They smelled interesting.


So then I saw some trees and birds and lots of stuff.


We went to this park (sorry it's kinda dark, the sun was goin' down).


This crazy squirrel was SCREAMIN' at me. Really! Screamin!
Click to biggify if you can't see him. He's got beady eyes. I think he must be in cahoots with the vishus deer. He was really loud. I didn't like him at all.


Then we crossed the Busy Street of Death and and went back home.


I was glad to be home. I was furry sleepy, and I needed a nap.


But it wasn't too bad, really. I liked the smells alot. I liked to ride backwards in the stroller and look back at Mommy and the places behind us. Also, I liked it when Mommy would talk to me and tell me efurrything was okay. I didn't like the loud cars on the Busy Street of Death. And I didn't like that squirrel. At all.

13 Meows:

LZ meowed...

Aw Merlin, you'll get used to all of that. The first time I went out I screamed a lot because I was scared. Then I figured out I was safe in there and I could sniff stuff and look around. Meowmy loves taking me out with her!

Gemini meowed...

Merlin you are furry brave! What a nice walk you had though in your stroller!

The Crew meowed...

Oh, I can't believe how completely cool you look in your stroller. But how come you weren't wearing your new denim jacket or you sweatshirt so all your neighbors could admire you? Or maybe it wasn't cool enough while you were out. Either way, a guy with a stroller is the ultimate in coolness!

George

Madness, Trouble, Squish and Milkbone meowed...

Oh well done Merlin! You are very brave to ride in your stroller so soon. We would have been afraid.

Hot(M)BC meowed...

Good for you Merlin! I don't think I'd have liked the screaming squirrel either.
~~ Mini

Daphne meowed...

You are so brave, my Merlin.
Watch out for those nutty squirrels!
Wish I'd been able to curl up with you afterwards and snuggle.
Your ever-purrin' Daphne

Anonymous meowed...

Wow, what a ride. You're a very brave kitty to go across the Street of Death! And those durn squirrels deserve to live in a tree!

Angel Junior, Orion and Sammy meowed...

Looks like you had all kinds of fun and excitement! The busy street of death would have terrified me!

Emma's Kat meowed...

What fun! I'm so glad you had a good time! Sounds like you went on a pretty exciting first walk!

Anonymous meowed...

Great that you took pictures on your stroll Merlin. Felt like I was on your stroll with you. I bet that loud squirrel never saw a cat in a stroller before and just thought you were too cool and was a little intimidated by you. I don't see squirrels by me, just lots of bunnies. But they are quiet. Be careful on that "Street of Death" !!! RA

Rosie & Cheeto meowed...

Oh my gudness, yoo were owt past dark!?!?! Yoo are sooo sooo brave Merlin. We hope yoo get more and more comfurtuble in yer strollur so yoo can share many many more eggsiting trips "outside"!!

Nika meowed...

so are you going to be riding in a magic carriage for halloween?

Mr. Hendrix meowed...

Wow Merlin, you are furry brave to get in the stroller all by yourself. Then to have your mommy take you out! Wow. I'm glad you had fun on your walk. I would've been awfully scared.
Be careful of those squirrels. I always thought they were up to somefing...then I found this website and had my fears confimed.
www.scarysquirrel.org