11.30.2006

Whaddya Think?

Okay. So you may know that there's a kitty at Bubbles & Mrs. B's house that needs a home. My mommy says that my daddy will never agree to it, but we're still thinkin' about it, cause Mommy likes to torture herself like that.

LT is furry cute, and he looks like me! But Mommy says she has heard that two boy kitties often won't get along. And since Bubbles didn't like LT, this possibility concerns us cause Mommy doesn't want to get a new kitty and then if I don't like him she'll have to find him a NEW place. So, I need advice from all you kitties and beans that have multi-kitty households. Is it okay to have two boy kitties? Or is it better to get one boy kitty and one girl kitty?

Update from Merlin's Mom: I'm going to talk to Merlin's Daddy about this, but if you know someone who might be able to adopt LT please don't assume he's going to come live with us, or let my interest keep you from mentioning it to someone who wants a kitten. Merlin's Daddy is allergic to kitties and it is definitely NOT a sure thing, or even a likely thing.

14 Meows:

Madness, Trouble, Squish and Milkbone meowed...

LT stands for Little Tabby. When I originally saw Momcat and her kittens there was LT and Little Black One. If I give him a "real" name, I'll never be able to let him go! The 2 Bs says LT stands for Little Terror!

LZ meowed...

Two boy kitties are awesome together! Latte & I played a whole lot and we're best friends. Usually boys get along very well together. I say go for it!!! I want you to have a kitten in your house! Hehehe.....


Chase

Seriously, I think you and your mom would love a new little friend and LT is sooo cute!

LZ meowed...

Don't worry about not getting along, you just have to give yourselves lots of integration time where the new little guy is in his own room. The Lap Lady says you can e-mail her if you want, she just integrated both me and Latte over the past year as Chase was 5 and alone before Latte.

Kaze
ldresserATdieselhorseDOTnet

Unknown meowed...

wes hafs alot of poodies here and theys all mixed boys & girls. it just depends on the cats involved. salem wants to be an only cat whereas blade wouldnt know what to do wiffout ofur cats around. salems a very jealous kitty and smacks rocky (another girl) around but likes snowy & benny (boff boys) but blade loves to play wiff anycat boy girl whatever (and no beans effur only cats do). its just dependent on Merlins personality. but wiff 2 cats it can be a blast watching the interaction. like they say wiff kids, wiff only one it doesnt feel like you really hafe kids. wiff 2 you get to play games like "who did this" "quit fighting" etc...

Madness, Trouble, Squish and Milkbone meowed...

I am naturally bias cause I would love LT to be Merlin's little bro, but I agree with Kaze, latte & Chase. I have integrated cats before without any trouble, but my current one-bedroom apartment does not lend itself well to cat-integration. It was just not possible for me to give LT his own room.

Kate (Pablo's mum) meowed...

I'm probably the wrongcat to ask about this, because there is no way in the universe that I would share my home with another cat, even a special little tiger like LT. I just wasn't made to share. You might be different, though. Maybe your mum could arrange for you guys to hang out for a bit, see how you like each other. Kate (my houseperson) has always wanted to have multiple cats, so they can play and snuggle together. But it ain't me, babe.

Anonymous meowed...

here's how we feel 'bout the sityouashun:

I'd love a kitten to cuddle and groom and play with.
Midnight

I don't want anycat or anypurrson comin' inta my house, but if they do, they better stay away frum the Lady cuz her laps MINE an i'm the jellus type an i'll hiss
Cocoa

it's cute, but I'd feel compelled ta whap it on the head a few times, just because
Grr

Anonymous meowed...

We haf too boys in owr howse. At furst it sort of suked, but it got bettur wif time.
My Dad is allurgic also, but we get baths to help. I heer ther are now wipes like butt-wipes that can cleen kitties. Gud luk!

Skeezix the Cat meowed...

We are all boy cats at my howse, and the Food Lady thinks boys git along best together (so long as they've had that thing done to thare goodie saks). The Food Lady has told other peeple that anuther cat is good for a singul cat howsehold *IXSEPT* win the existing cat is a geezer cat hooze always bin the only cat. Then it can be tuff on the geezer cat, espeshully if he has to put up with the antiks of a rambunkshus kitten.

As for allerjeeez, Mr Tasty Face was allerjik to cats win he got in love with the Food Lady. Then he got in love with the Food Lady's cats and he izn't allerjik anymore. Reely.

alohahelper meowed...

I guess it depends on the cats when it comes to getting along. Bebe has been wonderful when Tiger and Pumpkin joined our family but Blackie won't have anything to do with them. I guess because like Skeezix said, she's a geezer cat. It's a lot of fun watching them play with each other. We have cat Nascar going on all the time and even Bebe, who's almost 10, gets into the fun.
Linda

Max meowed...

Two boy kitties work if they're both neutered. And if you give them time, but the time thing goes with any extra kitty that happens to wander in. Buddah and I are just now starting to really get along. Sort of.

Smeagol and Strider, Mystery (Sunnin' at the Bridge) and Gizmo too! meowed...

We are both boys, and we get along really well! It didn't take us too long to get used to each other and have fun playin' together, either.

Lux meowed...

Mom says she doesn't know, because she's mostly only had girl kitties and one male before me (who lorded it over the girls). My daddy's allergic, too, especially to Silky - it's something about her fur. But he takes something called Zyrtec if he gets too bad (like hives or itchy eyes).

The Meezers or Billy meowed...

we guess our mommy has a different 'proach to integrating kitties. She has had multiple kitties for years and this is what she does.
we has a "playpen" for puppies and kittens that she sets up in the bedroom - and the new one goes in there, and all ofurr kitties get closed in the room wif the new one for a day. Ushually after one day, the hissing is almost ofurr, and the next day, she takes away the play pen and closes efurryone in the room again for the day. Each kitty she has efurr integrated has only taken 2 days to be integrated and the hissing has pretty much stopped after that. Wif me, I hissed for about a week, but that's 'acause I was the littlest one. Oh, and mommy has found that boys get along better than girls (or maybe it was 'acuase Trixie was too much of an alpha female). - Miles