12.05.2006

Christmas Poem for Daphne

As you may know, Daphne and Not the Mama issued a challenge yesterday for me to write her a Christmas love poem using the following words: Daphne, Merlin, Chloe, Spooker, Jazper, Senor Gato, Mommy, Not the Mama. If my poem is acceptable, she and Not the Mama are gonna make a donayshun to the Hyoomayne Sosyotee. I hope you like it Daph!

Well, drumroll please....

My Christmas Love

My tree is very sparkly

I like all its lights

But I wish I had my girlfriend

To snuggle on cold nights

I know there's Chloe and Jazper

To keep her company

And even Auntie Spooker

(when she feels friendly)

But at Christmastime my Daphne

I hope that you do know

How much Merlin loves you

More than Senor Gato!

And so for Christmas this year

When Santa asks my wish

I'll ask Mommy and Not the Mama

To let me give you a KISS!!!!

13 Meows:

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe meowed...

What a beautiful poem! :) You are very talented Merlin! (I like your name too - it's the same name as my brother!)

I hope Daphne likes the poem too. I think it's purrfect. :)

Daphne meowed...

Oh Merlin!
I'm almost speechless!
That is loverly, my sweetie!

Kisses to you
****smoooch*****

Thank you so much ~
I KNEW you were up to the challenge!
When Not The Mama sends the donation to the Humane Society, I'll make sure he gets a picture!

Thank you thank you thank you,
yours fur-ever

~ Daphne

KC and the Giggleman Kitties meowed...

By golly, Merlin, you clever wordsmith, you did it. Who would have thought. Great job.

Mo and The Purries meowed...

Merlin,
You can give my little Daffers a kiss any time, you smoothe talker, you!
;)
A donation of a $25 Gift Certificate will be given in your name to our local Humane Society, and we will ask that they give it to a volunteer who works with kitties in the facility!
Thank you (and your wonderful Mommy!)
soooo much!
you all are the greatest!

Not The Mama

Anonymous meowed...

That's a very nice poem, Merlin. You are very talented.

LZ meowed...

Good job Merlin! You are certainly doing a great job with your girlfriend. Careful though, she may be hearing wedding bells soon if you keep writing her poems!


Latte

Emma's Kat meowed...

Well done Merlin!

Hot(M)BC meowed...

Yay! Furry good job Merlin. We's furry furry impurressed!

Anonymous meowed...

Bravo Merlin! Well done!

Madness, Trouble, Squish and Milkbone meowed...

Great poem Merlin. That Daphne is a lucky girl.

Meowers from Missouri meowed...

lucky, lucky daphne to have such a wordsmith as her sweetie!! very nice!!

Lux meowed...

:::clap clap clap clap clap:::

Nanci meowed...

That's a lovely poem Merlin!
So sweet and wonderful!
Bravo!
::claps::

The Girls,
Sammy and Lily