11.27.2006

Finally, I'm back!

I hope that everyone had a really good Thanksgiving, even if your beans left you like mine left me. Mom took the puter with her when she went to my Mimi's house, so I couldn't even blog the whole stinkin' time she was gone.

They left Wednesday mornin' and didn't come back til Saturday night. When they got here on Saturday I wouldn't even let her pet me! I meowed and meowed really loud, and stayed just out of arm's length so she couldn't touch me. She had to be punished for leaving me, don't you agree?

So anyway, now I have forgiven her but she still feels guilty for leavin' me, so I'm gettin' lots of petting and cuddlin'. I'm also helpin' her out. She had a "To Do" List this mornin', and she told me that she had to do the things on the list and we couldn't play til she was done. So I figured, if I got rid of the list she'd be done!!!


14 Meows:

LZ meowed...

Yeah, you have to make them feel bad about leaving. But then you can't resist the snuggling so you have to give in. I'm glad we're all back blogging!

Latte
P.S. Good job with the To Do List. If you eat it all she'll have "to do" is snuggle with you!

Mr. Hendrix meowed...

Hi Merlin! We missed you! Any list that puts snuggling with kitty last should be destroyed! Great job with that.
Enjoy all the extra love and hugs you're getting. We know she loves you bunches because we read her tale of devotion!

Mo and The Purries meowed...

Hi Merlin!
We did miss you!
And guilt is always a good leverage tool...
but making mincemeat of the To-Do list is even a BETTER plan!

Mo

Anonymous meowed...

Glad yor back! I'll help my Mom wif hur list too!

Madness, Trouble, Squish and Milkbone meowed...

That's right, beans should be punished severely for leaving us alone.

The Crew meowed...

Excellent work, Merlin. If your Mom couldn't find her list, then she'd have time to spend with you. Very smart, guy, very smart!

Kate (Pablo's mum) meowed...

Chewing paper is the best! Hey Merlin, check out pics of me on my blog (sorry, no profile picture yet)... we could be brothers! Hey, were you born in Hobart, Australia in the year 2000 by ny chance?

Villana meowed...

Very good job Merlin! you have to make them feel really bad about leave you, I do the same when Mom leaves me with Luca's uncle!

Besos de Villana!

The Meezers or Billy meowed...

good job hiding the to do list. Mommy lefted us all day today to take her daddy to someplace called canadia, or somefing like that. she gotted home when it was dark.

Lux meowed...

I hope you hid that list somewhere she'll never find it! Good to hear from you again, Merlin!

Anonymous meowed...

Perfect Merlin! I think you might be onto something there.

Rocky the Gutter Cat meowed...

Way to go, Merlin!!!!!!!!!!!!

Angel Junior, Orion and Sammy meowed...

It is a moral imperative to make them feel bad when they have left you. Even if you can only do it for a little bit.

Jack, Persephone, Tenzing and Lancelot meowed...

Yup, eating the to-do list was the best option. NOTHING should come before cat cuddles.

But I never could manage the make humans feel bad for leaving routine. I like sweet-kitty-lovin's too much. I just demand immediate belly rubs and spine scritches, and before they're allowed to take off their coats and boots too!